[Homeroast] iced coffee idea

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Mon Jul 5 11:00:56 CDT 2010

I wanted to thank you all for sharing your experiences and recipes.  I ended up with the hot brew method, pouring it over ice. It actually turned into a funny Macgyver kind of operation.  My plan was to use my chemex, put ice in the bottom chamber and do it that way.  I forgot that left my chemex at the office.So i found a strainer in the kitchen that happened to sit on the top of a big pitcher just perfectly.  I tried to follow the specific directions in the article that was shared below.  I ended up playing with the ice to water ratio a few time.I marked off where 64 ounces would be on the inside of the pitcher.  Filled the pitcher about half full with ice and ended up using about 40-45 oz of water heated through my bodum.  I put a cup and half of medium grind in a paper filter in the strainer and poured.  The resulting brew was not too acidic, watered down, and retained almost all the flavors of how this blend tasted hot.It was a big hit!
Thanks again!  I had enough to put in the fridge and am sipping on some left overs this morning.
Michael B