[Homeroast] FW: iced coffee idea

Jeffrey jeffrey-kelly at att.net
Fri Jul 2 19:44:48 CDT 2010

Oh my, the thought of iced coffee never appealed to me but after reading
this I had to try.  I just brewed a cup of 2:1 FC roast Honduras Michelle
Guevara/Costa Rica Caturra 18 g with 5 oz water (dbl strength) into ice
using Hario V60 drip.  I brewed directly into a 30 oz glass decanter with a
fair amount of ice.  Once done brewing, I swirled to mix and decanted the
coffee into a cup straining the remaining cubes, this gave me 10 oz coffee.
Strange that it worked out to just the amount I wanted...must have been
beginners luck.  I added a touch of sugar and some whole milk - it was an
after diner treat you know.

It was so good I rushed down to my roaster to roast more beans because I
anticipate I will go though more than normal this weekend.  BTW, the blend
was the result of combining the heels of two 5 lb bags...it really worked
for this brew.

Thank you for sharing your ideas and recipes.

-Jeff