[Homeroast] Noise canceling headphones

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 10:13:49 CDT 2010

Just what I was thinking- the jet jocks on the flight line risked having
their hearing destroyed by the compressor whine of taxiing aircraft, except
for the Mickey Mouse ear protectors they wore. I wish I had been able to
acquire a pair for the pistol range, with their >30 dB reduction.

My experience with the active noise-canceling hearing protectors is that
they tend to "motorboat," or oscillate at very low frequencies if the (-)
feedback amplitude was too high. They might work if the (-) feedback can be
notched or the pass band peaked in the LF "pop" and the HF "crack" range. If
you're going to want active noise suppressors, take it all the way.

Cheers, Mabuhay -RayO, aka Opa!
--
Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...