[Homeroast] Noise canceling headphones

Brian Kamnetz bkamnetz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 09:12:40 CDT 2010

Many times on the list I have seen comments from people who, due to
hearing loss, are unable to hear first or second crack over the noise
of the roaster.

Woot.com sells one thing a day, if I understand correctly. They sell
it until it is gone, or until midnight, whichever comes first. That's
my understanding, anyway.

Today's product is noise-canceling headphones:

Able Planet NC500SC Sound Clarity Noise Canceling Headphones

http://www.woot.com/default.aspx

Woot.com is selling them for $65 including shipping. Checking around
on the web, it looks like the usual selling price is around $150.
Amazon sells them for ~$200.

There  are 19 user reviews at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Sound-Clarity-Canceling-Headphones/product-reviews/B000OQUMKI/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I have no personal experience with either Able Planet or their
products, or with Woot.com.

I should say that all this information is as I understand it, but I
have a long history of getting things wrong, so I recommend that all
who are interested verify for themselves.

Brian