[Homeroast] irritation when measuring beans for espresso

Claus Thøgersen c.thoeg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:16:08 CST 2010

HI,

I use my Mazzer Mini E both for brewed coffee and also for espresso. Since I
have different beans I only put the necessary beans in the grinder for the
coffee and espresso I am making. This works fine for AE and Vacuum brewing,
but with Espressos it seems to be different even though I measure out the
same amount of beans for the first and second espresso there are more coffee
in the grind of the second espresso.

Obviously it must have something to do with coffee beeing trapped somewhere
in the grinder, but I try to make sure that all the beans in the hopper is
always beeing grinded.

Any ideas how to avoid this situation other than weighing each portion of
espresso after it is grinded would be nice.

Claus