[Homeroast] clever coffee dripper

Frank Awbrey frankeegee1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:47:57 CST 2010

Thx, Ira, for the comment. I've been experimenting recently with my AP. I
keep the weight of the beans for two scoops at 26 grms and the water at 300
grms (use to use 226 grms of water). I press all but 3-4 oz of the water
(add it afterwards). This seems to give a pretty good cup, but, maybe I will
try even more water. I haven't really experimented with the longer steep
time, though. Normally 20 or 30 second steep time while I pour and stir and
pour/stir, then a 20 or 30 second push time.

I have been reading closely the comments on the CCD and have been thinking
about possibly trying that method alongside the AP. I have not used any
other brewing method (only the AP), since shortly after starting my home
roasting, so am looking at trying something new/different for me.

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Ira <ira at extrasensory.com> wrote:

> At 09:44 AM 1/31/2010, you wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity, any idea why the CCD works well with a fine-sh grind and
>> 4 minute steep, while the Aeropress works well with a fine-ish grind and a
>> 20 second steep?  is it just the pressure of me pushing on the AP?
>>

> Have you ever tried a longer steep in the AP? Before I switched to the
> Clever I think I was  up to a 2 minute steep in the AP. Add water, stir, add
> more water, stir. add almost to top, put the plunger just in enough to hold
> a seal, wait awhile, press. I think the longer steep times improved the
> coffee.
>
> Ira

Frank
"Still the one"