Frank Awbrey frankeegee1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:33:57 CST 2010

Hi, Sally. I'm a new Behmor owner, too. My last 2-3 roasts, I've
pre-"roasted" for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 minutes as you do, then do my normal roast.
I think I read where Joe Behm has recommended the pre-heat process (not sure
with or without the beans). I roast a full pound (SM one pound bags are very
accurate) at the P3-D setting. My last two roasts (3?), I have turned the
roaster off with over 2 minutes left in the roast cycle. I haven't heard
second crack, yet, but think it's right there. Next time, I will take it
into second to check out the flavor. So far, I am really liking the flavor
of my coffee (air popper before) and the roaster a whole lot.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Sally King <king_sally at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Christine, I'm new to the Behmor, too, but I've been just putting the
> beans in the drum and putting the chaff tray in then hitting P1 A.  I let it
> run 1 minute (never more than 1:30) then hit 'Off'.  I then start the roast
> as I would normally.  I seem to have better luck on these in the P3-P5
> settings, doesn't make sense to me to use a Preheat in the P1 or P2.   I've
> seen other people mention that they do it without the beans, but I haven't.
> personally.   Anyone else?  --Sally

> '"
> >       <homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Homeroast] Behmor - new chaff tray
> >
> > Would some please describe how to do the pre heat in the behmor?

Frank
"Still the one"