[Homeroast] Dry Ethiopes

Derek Bradford derekbradford at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 10:26:25 CST 2010

The very best tasters are fooled all the time; the pirates in wine tastings
are great for this.  I think those situations are great opportunities to
demonstrate the importance of taste, quality, and overall enjoyment over
less important attributes like origin.  Maybe this is an opportunity to find
out what it is about Konas your friend likes, to help him understand what it
is that's really important in his coffee experience.

--Derek

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM, John M. Howison <johnmhowison at gmail.com>wrote:

> Tom said one of his dry Sidamos tasted a lot like good Kona, which I
> can't afford.
> I lied to an affluent friend of mine who loves Kona, and told him that
> the cup of City Plus FP Haile Selassie I served him was Kona that I
> had paid about six dollars for, green.  He wanted to know where he
> could get some at that price.  Is the power of suggestion stronger
> than the power of his taste buds?  Should I tell him?
> --
> Contra muros, mater rubicolla

Every path but your own is the path of fate.  --Thoreau