[Homeroast] A coffee addict in the making

Lynne lynnebiz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:10:59 CST 2010

Oh, Sandy - I know what you mean. With me, it's mostly because, hey, I'll be
alone (haven't met anyone yet), though. Don't mind it *that* much, but it *will
*be a change.

One of my daughters told me (when both boys were still living w/me) that
they never expected me to end up as a typical Italian mom (w/my adult sons
still living at home), esp. when I am so not-typically-Italian.

Funny thing - my other 'grandson' - my other son's girlfriend's little boy
(both whom also lived w/me for awhile) started to call me 'Bubbie' - I kept
it since it felt right.

Will not tell anyone that it stemmed from me telling him that I had big
feet, when he tried to put my shoes on - and my son pointing to me, saying
"She's 'Big Feet'.... was his toddler-speak...sigh, I'm happy being *Bubbie*,
but not *Big Feet!*

Lynne