[Homeroast] A coffee addict in the making

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Mon Jan 25 13:48:57 CST 2010

Gordy, now 25, avoided the emotional trauma or embarrassment of having to move back in with us by choosing to attend college a half-hr. subway ride away; his postgrad training classes are all at Chicago theater companies and he is looking at Northwestern (a 15-minute train ride in the opposite direction) for its Masters program in comedy and theatrical writing.  And he had the good taste to choose a college with tuition lower than that of his high school!

And you know what? Even though I left the nest (and flew 3000 miles away) to marry at 20, I'm not emotionally ready to let him go yet!
On Jan 25, 2010, at 8:56 AM, Lynne wrote:

> Hahaha - sorry for laughing. I'm truly sending my condolences, Mike. I still
> have one of my four kids living w/me - one of my two sons. However, he is
> contributing to the rent (which I desperately need at this point) and is a
> straight A student, w/plans to go to med school - so I don't mind this
> temporary situation. Since he's dyslexic, and only learned how to read at 15
> (correction - taught himself how to read!), I'm extremely proud of him. He
> only became this determined after becoming a father, lol.
>
> My other son, however... he just got his own apt when I moved in June. He
> had no choice (so that's my advice - move to a one bedroom apt or condo,
> hahaha). The one living w/me is almost 28, and the other is 26.

Peace & song,
Sandy
www.sandyandina.com