[Homeroast] Water retained in the portafilter **Followup**

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Mon Jan 25 11:30:14 CST 2010

hmmmm thanks for the tip.  I "blended by the seat of my pants" two handfulls of Brazil Dattera, and one hand full of Guatemala Antigua, then used my finger to stir it in the hopper.  Very scientific huh?  Incredibly smooth.  I'm still of the opinion that a good crema tastes wonderful despite other's opinion that crema tastes like much and messes up the shot.  The crema was smooth and semi-sweet and the rest of the shot had a light mouthfeel but def brazil base.  Brazil was roasted about 5-10 seconds into 2C and Guat dumped right at the start of 2C.

But yeah this is my second tamp i've bought trying to find the right fit.  I've emailed Seattle Coffee Gear, Espresso parts, and even Saeco to see what size PF came in the Estro machines.  They all said, i dunno maybe a 53, but you should be fine with a 52, even though i told them i wasn't happy with a 52 cause it had way too much wiggle room.  But i'll try the NSEW idea, thanks for the idea.

Michael B