[Homeroast] Water retained in the portafilter

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 15:23:03 CST 2010

Hi Michael,

Hope this isn't too off-topic.

No advice re: the Portafilter, but thought I'd chime in about your Virtuoso.
You may already be aware of this, so ignore it if you are.

Each Virtuoso has a set screw inside the case that allows you to calibrate
it to favor either the fine end of the grinder or the coarse end. If you're
hitting the stops on the fine setting and would like a bit of wiggle room at
that end, check out the Baratza website for the procedure. If it's not
already set at the finest setting, you may be able to adjust your grinder to
go a little finer still.

Good luck getting your water problem solved!
Doug