[Homeroast] Water retained in the portafilter

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Jan 24 13:51:42 CST 2010

That's called a portafilter "sneeze". Will always happen on machines without
3-way valves if PF unlocked too soon, which is common most lower end
machines. (3-ways relieve the shot pressure when disengaging the pump,
without 3-way nowhere for pressure to go except slowly dissipate through the
puck.) Solution is to wait 15 to 30sec after shot BEFORE loosening PF.

Slave to the Bean Kona Konnaisseur miKe mcKoffee
http://www.NorwestCoffee.com

http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/