[Homeroast] It's raining raisins

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 23 07:49:35 CST 2010

I have tasted three different samples of Kopi Luwak.  One was a
novelty offering from SweetMarias, one was through an exchange of
unique coffees with a fellow list member, and the third was at a
presentation session when I won the IgNobel award. All three had a
distinct taste and one of my daughters thought it was among the best
coffees she ever tasted, she only got to try two of them brewed at
home, I thought they were distinct and interesting but not worth
anything near their usually inflated prices.  My feeling is that
anyone who takes coffee seriously ought to overcome inhibitions and
give it a try if they have a chance.  The real problem is that a
substantial portion of it that is marketed is not genuine.  The guy
who provided it at the IgNobel meeting has been working on a test to
certify Kopi Luwak as genuine, I don't think he has finished that
project yet.
      pecan jim
On Jan 23, 2010, at 12:35 AM, Ryan M. Ward wrote:

> Mmmmmmm.... Kopi Luwak! I wonder what that stuff tastes like. I
> can't say I would try it given the chance- not without thinking
> about it first... I may, just so that I can (officially) call myself
> a master coffee geek extrordinaire!
> But seriously, the thought of drinking something that has been pooed
> out of a cat like creature does not set well with my psyche. Sort of
> the same feeling I get when I watch Indian Jones- The Temple of
> Doom- the dinner scene.
> --
> Ryan M. Ward

> (Karmic Koala)
> http://www.ubuntu.com

> automatically-generated-annoying-end-of-email-spam placed here by
> anyone other than myself. I am a Linux nut and am doing my part to
> support open source software and the Linux and Ubuntu communities by
> getting the word out with each email I send, I encourage you to do
> the same.
>

>> From: peatmonster at comcast.net
>> To: homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
>> Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 21:35:28 -0800
>> Subject: Re: [Homeroast] It's raining raisins
>>
>> Shoot, that's nothing compared the environment "cat coffee" goes
>> through!
>>
>> Bob
>>

>>> If by "clean off" you mean to remove germs beans acquired from the
>>> floor,
>>> fogetaboutit. Uh, you'll be roasting them thar germs deader than a
>>> door