[Homeroast] West Bend Poppery 2

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 21:40:46 CST 2010

Something that struck me as humorous and my reaction to it, borders on the
proscription against driving while conducting a cell phone conference or
texting. The hang-up being preceded by a CR-unch!

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Ryan M. Ward <silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
> wrote:

> "Yes- and I suspect you spent more time at the computer than roasting. Use
> 1/3 cup."
>
> Oh, by the way. The fact that you use the word 'spent' instead of 'spend'
> suggests to me that you mean one of two things:
>
> 1) I did this while running the machine and trying to roast coffee: I did
> not use my computer at all, I was watching the roast
>
> 2) I spent more time on the computer trying to solve the problem the
> attempting to roast more coffee and get it right:
> You are correct. After trying about 4 times, I decided that trying to
> reinvent the wheel was not efficient and that if this popper has a proper
> technique of use for maximizing success, somebody has likely figured it out.
> I did the reasonable thing to do which was to ask the list which is
> supposedly here to help people like me who are starting out and lack the
> knowledge of those who have been home (or commercial) roasting for years.
>
> Thought I would clear that up for the record.
> Thanks again Rayo.
> --
> Ryan M. Ward

> (Karmic Koala)
> http://www.ubuntu.com

> > From: silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
> > To: homeroast at lists.sweetmariascoffee.com
> > Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 06:32:21 +0000
> > Subject: Re: [Homeroast] West Bend Poppery 2
> >

> > "Great- and might sit a little closer to your grammar book, next time
> it's open"
> > Hmmmm... should I comment on the irony of this sentence? Nah... You seem
> like a very smart person to me, somehow I think you said this on purpose. If
> you said this on purpose and I comment on the comment's irony then I risk
> looking like a fool who "does not get it." If I don't comment on it(and you
> worded it ironically), then I seem like a push over. Now if you did not say
> it on purpose and I comment on it, then I appear snooty, (but I retain some
> position for flanking the attack on my understanding of grammar). If I don't
> comment on it then I suppose I only lose position as my understanding of
> grammar has been publicly called into question. If I acknowledge the comment
> but not directly call out its irony, the ambiguity of how I am interpreting
> your intentions saves me from appearing to be both obtuse and a push
> over(which takes care of the more subtle nature of your comment). Further, I
> can take care of the questioning of my grammatical knowledge by simply
> saying that I don't watch my grammar when typing emails, but thanks for
> taking the time to point out the flaws in my email writing.
> >
> > "Yes- and I suspect you spent more time at the computer than roasting.
> Use 1/3 cup."
> > 1/3 cup did not work. P.S. How much time do you spend roasting vs. on the
> computer? It only takes me about 8 minutes to roast coffee, I do this about
> 2 or 3 times a day (currently while I am learning the process). It take me
> [...]

Persist in old ways; expect new results - suborn Insanity...