[Homeroast] First Annual HB Home Roasting Competition

miKe mcKoffee mcKona at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 11:56:18 CST 2010

Agree espresso blends can and do have a wide variation in optimum rest time.
Yet I don't find Jim's methodology kooky at all, but rather a way of
eliminating differing rest times as a final product variable. A few days
rest either way can make a noticeable difference in the cup, especially in
competition! AND if a person chooses they can specify a different rest
method. For instance if I were entering an espresso blend using those 4
beans I'd request 7 days ambient, then frozen, then 2 days out of freezer.
Why? While the competition selected beans are not the exact same beans they
are the same countries of origin, varietals and bean processing method beans
I currently use in my 4 bean 5 roast post roast Organic Delirium blend. 7
days ambient then frozen, then out for 2 days is how I target my 5 pounders
hitting my Cafés hoppers with Delirium with usage expected equivalent rest
days 9 through 10 or so.

Slave to the Bean Kona Konnaisseur miKe mcKoffee
http://www.NorwestCoffee.com

http://www.mckoffee.com/

http://themeyers.org/HomeRoast/