[Homeroast] West Bend Poppery 2

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 00:32:21 CST 2010

"Great- and might sit a little closer to your grammar book, next time it's open"
Hmmmm... should I comment on the irony of this sentence? Nah... You seem like a very smart person to me, somehow I think you said this on purpose. If you said this on purpose and I comment on the comment's irony then I risk looking like a fool who "does not get it." If I don't comment on it(and you worded it ironically), then I seem like a push over. Now if you did not say it on purpose and I comment on it, then I appear snooty, (but I retain some position for flanking the attack on my understanding of grammar). If I don't comment on it then I suppose I only lose position as my understanding of grammar has been publicly called into question. If I acknowledge the comment but not directly call out its irony, the ambiguity of how I am interpreting your intentions saves me from appearing to be both obtuse and a push over(which takes care of the more subtle nature of your comment). Further, I can take care of the questioning of my grammatical knowledge by simply saying that I don't watch my grammar when typing emails, but thanks for taking the time to point out the flaws in my email writing.

"Yes- and I suspect you spent more time at the computer than roasting. Use 1/3 cup."
1/3 cup did not work. P.S. How much time do you spend roasting vs. on the computer? It only takes me about 8 minutes to roast coffee, I do this about 2 or 3 times a day (currently while I am learning the process). It take me several weeks and 2-8 hours a day to write a piece of software. So your assumption is correct, but I wonder why it is relevant to my question.

"Probably the 3rd and final air popper I used. Don't try to drive with a busted speedometer..."
Driving with a busted speedometer can be fun though...
"Yes again- roast more, make single small changes and note the results"
Thanks for I'll keep this in mind.

Thanks Rayo your advice has been very helpful and enlightening. I will try harder to watch my grammar in the future.
--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com