[Homeroast] West Bend Poppery 2

Joe Scarborough joe.scarborough at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:18:41 CST 2010

My experience goes like this:

I use 1/2 to 2/3 cup of beans depending on which of the 3 poppers I use.
None of them is a true westbend II but they are all basically the same as
the PII.
The differences I see between the poppers I have are that one gets hotter
than the rest and the other 2 have stronger fans.
With the 2 with the stronger fans I let them go about 16 minutes and then
shut them down. I use the larger amount of beans in these to help bring up
the temperature. It is difficult to hear 1st crack in these machines but I
can tell by the color and surface texture of the beans that they are "done"
Of course I have to use a soup can or glass chimney on them to keep the
beans from flying out.
Hope this helps

Joe Scarborough

Charles de Gaulle<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/charles_de_gaulle.html>
- "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."