[Homeroast] Westbend Poppery 2

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 16 13:45:10 CST 2010

Ok, so I stopped by Goodwill today. Sitting on the shelf, starring me in the face was a Westbend poppery 2 for $5.00.

I took it home and roasted about 2/3 to 3/4 (I know it was bound between these two numbers) cup of beans (my kitchen scale is broken so I could not weigh them). I found that it took almost 10 minutes to achieve a light city roast (I killed the power when second crack began) and the roasting was very uneven.

Does any one have any experience with Poppery 2 poppers? Does my experience sound typical? Is there a good fix to this? I plan to try again later with less beans.

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com