[Homeroast] Friday Afternoon Cup

michael brown disracer at msn.com
Fri Jan 15 15:54:34 CST 2010

I tried a double shot of some Guatemala Antigua this morning that was a botched roast on my new USRC, way under-roasted, took way too long to get to 1st crack and of course it was so dismal i just threw it out after the first sip.  I then tried to Clever Coffee Drip it, tasted like water with a hint of nothing.  So that means i've got something like 15-20 pounds of waste...sigh.  I'm running a clean-out roast on the behmor now to sample some decaffs.

Oh and off the topic of this thread, i did end up taking some pliers to my Estro machine's Portafilter and "un-pressurized" it.  I should have some coffees to try it out with in a few days.  Am anxious to play with it!

-Chris, sorry to hear of your poisoning, i had one bout with that in college, t'was quite the experience.  You must be feeling better if your able to stomach coffee.  Hope you continue to recover!

Michael B