[Homeroast] Advice on cleaning MACAP M4 grinder

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Fri Jan 15 15:35:59 CST 2010

At 11:34 AM 1/15/2010, you wrote:
>I have had my MACAP M4 one year and I use Grindz about every 2 months (as
>manufacturer recommended b/c I only make one double shot a day). Suddenly I

If it's an M4D, you are in for an adventure trying to clean it. I
don't know about the others, but there is a lot of places for coffee
to get stuck in mine. Pull the upper burr out and clean everything
you can see. Mine had quite unbelievable amounts of grounds stuck in
places it shouldn't have been. and nothing except a vacuum and a
bamboo skewer was going to get them out. The part to be very careful
about is replacing the burr carrier, it's possible to mess up the
threads if you're ham handed.

Ira