[Homeroast] Friday Afternoon Cup

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:05:27 CST 2010

A strong cup of five day rested city plus Yemeni, AeroPressed and enjoyed
with a bland lunch.

I missed out on enjoying this on days three and four, where I suspect the
peak fruit flavors would occur, because of a food poisoning incident that
hit me with full force Tuesday night.

I've been drinking water and homemade Gatorade and eating a bland diet since
then.  It's really good to be back, and this strong coffee seems to have a
strong effect on me now, almost intoxicating.

Looking forward to some espresso this weekend, the Liquid Amber espresso
blend I roasted to full city plus on the 8th was tasting pretty good last
weekend, I froze five (5.3) of the ten (10.7) ounces that the thirteen
(13.3) ounce batch yielded for later enjoyment, but I either need to get my
act together to pull shots on the La Peppina during the week or really enjoy
it this weekend.  Maybe I'll have to get out the funky La Peppina steaming
wand hat and make the Wife some Cappuccinos this weekend (and help mollify
her over the purchase of said machine).  Once I repackage the PID in a
smaller, counter-friendly box it'll be easier.

Here's Kaiser's recipe for homemade Gatorade, for those in need of
rehydration:

1 Quart water
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 - 4 Tbsp sugar
Crystal light or unsweetened Kool-Aid for flavoring

I did not find it very appealing with the strawberry flavored Kool-Aid.

-Chris