[Homeroast] Is it just me?

Jim Couch ravskau at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 12:51:22 CST 2010

I could pick up FAINT hints of fruit and already a LOT of "wild" flavor was
hoping the fruit would come on out after rest. I lost quite a few beans to
dropping through the grid of the fine drum. Maybe should pull the IR2 back
out Huh? I used P3 on my Behmor anybody tried another of the profiles? And,
based on Toms reccomendations, I just let a full rolling 1st crack get going
and hit the cool cycle.
Jim

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Allon Stern <allon at radioactive.org> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Jim Gundlach wrote:
>
> > I started to roast some in the Behmor and they started falling through
> the screen on the roast chamber so I had to give up.  Since I don't have the
> fine mesh version of the roast chamber it looks like I am back to wok
> roasting over a fire for these.
> >     pecan jim
>
> Too bad, because theHSS is yummy. I used HG+DB for mine, done to C++. These
> beans develop more fruit with longer rest times. Mine are pushing 1 week
> from roast date, and are bursting with thick rich flavors, dried apricot,
> hints of leathery/tobacco notes.
> -
> allon

"Idiots are so much fun! Thats why every village either has one or wants
one!"
G. House MD.