[Homeroast] Aged coffee beans

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 01:34:53 CST 2010

Has any one here ever tried to age their coffee beans (on purpose)? If so how did it turn out? I read some of the parameters associated with ageing beans, they remind me of the parameters for ageing Cigars/tobacco (higher humidity, not extreme temperatures, etc...).

I wonder what it would taste like to throw some beans into my humidor and forget about them for about 2 years... mmmmmmm, cigar flavored coffee!!!!

Anyone have any experience with this type of crazy stunt here?

I remember one of the best coffees I ever had was an aged sumatra(aged like 5 years or something like that). Very tastey!!!
--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com