[Homeroast] Espresso advice

raymanowen at gmail.com raymanowen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 15:23:00 CST 2010

"I would not call an infinity a crummy grinder."

Muchos Apologías sinceras- It's not.

In fact, I ordered the ABS-cased Infinity to accompany the ABS Capresso
expresso machine. In a Huff, they slipped me the Capresso 113 (same exact
matcheen with a piece of shiny cheesecake added, and Bodum Antigua grinder,
mechanically identical with the $0.99 Solis Maestro I snagged at the thrift
store, instead of the Infinity grinder.)

For espresso only, the Infinity was going to get a vernier grind adjustment
screw, but Nooo- the Blackguards knew better what I should have. To prove
it, they sent some free Hufford pre-ground expresso coffee which I gave to
the garbage man, n/c.

I had a Triac bridge ready to control the motor and grinding speed of the
Infinity and I was just starting to see a flavor improvement with frozen
beans in the Maestro, but I got the Huffinger instead.

Cheers, Mabuhay, Iechyd da -RayO, aka Opa!

Underwood, 2k Baud rate modem, FSK Tesla Coil. Hope Frank doesn't drive by
with a directional loop...

.