[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

peterz peterz at npgcable.com
Sat Jan 9 11:50:13 CST 2010

Hi Ryan,
Gosh no, I am no where near smart enough to work on that collider. I am
just a retired network/computer techie living here in Lake Havasu City,
AZ with a somewhat average IQ.
My fun these days is roasting coffee, selling books, and trying to clean
enough space in my garage so I can work on building coffee roasters. I
started off with electric popcorn poppers, 'graduated' to popperies, and
have slowly been increasing the size of my roasters to be able to roast
a Kg or more.
My 'garage full' problem comes from collecting bits and pieces for my
next roaster as I have not decided to stick with plain old electricity,
add a gas burner to that method, or just switch to propane. Somehow I
think I need LOTS of parts to choose from. Meanwhile I am happily
roasting 600 - 650 grams at a time, which lasts me just over a week. It
is great to taste how the coffee changes day to day over that time.
Always just wonderful.
Oh yes, I forgot to say that I have collected lots of different ways to
brew coffee, including several espresso machines, cheap ones, that work
sort of ok, vac pots, french presses etc, that all help fill the nooks
and crannies out there.

Happy new year to all.

PeterZ