[Homeroast] Behmor - new chaff tray

Frank Awbrey frankeegee1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 09:23:09 CST 2010

Dave, have you found the answer, yet? Mine did the same thing, I think, as
to what you are describing. What I found (if I remember correctly), is that
the inside of the chaff tray's "upright" side (the inside of the
upright where the handle is) has a moveable "screen" that just pivots a
little. Mine was pivoted out towards the basket, so that when the basket
rotated, it (clasp) was hitting the screen and making the basket "jump". To
fix it, just swing/push or pivot that screen back in so that it is more
parallel to the side and the bottom of the screen will then clear the
basket.
(hope I have explained/described it to where you can understand)

If that's not it, then I can't help you. Sorry.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Dave Huddle <
137trimethyl26dioxopurine at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as I have.
>
>  I have a 2yr old Behmor (works fine after 230+ runs).   After I
> bought it I got the smaller mesh roasting drum, then last month got
> the new style chaff tray.   The new tray works fine with the original
> wider mesh drum, but will not work with the small mesh drum.   It
> interferes with the drum rotation - seems to hang up on the clasp
> holding the drum shut.   I've tried moving the tray but haven't found
> a position where it will work with the small mesh drum.
>
> I reckon I'll contact Joe next week, but I thought I'd see if anyone
> else has the same problem.
>
> Dave
> Westerville, OH

Frank