[Homeroast] First Roast Ever

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 02:20:44 CST 2010

Hey everyone,
I received my green beans today and roasted my first batch of home roasted coffee beans today(I decided to try a popcorn maker first, I plan to try other low tech methods tomorrow). I roasted two batches, the first I brewed shortly after with my French press, I liked the result even for an acidic Latin American bean(I bought them from a local guy, I bought the cheapest beans he had as experimental beans- they are from Mexico). The second batch is sitting next to me, I plan to try it tomorrow after it has outgased overnight. I can already tell that I am hooked and will be shopping for some Sumatra beans after I finish this email.

Thanks for all of your valuable advice. I look forward to ordering a roasting machine in a few months and catching up with all of you(My other half even gave me the ok to buy the HotTop).

Ryan M. Ward

*Note: This email was sent from a computer running Ubuntu Linux 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
http://www.ubuntu.com