[Homeroast] OT: Cast Iron Cookware (from "Roasting smoke and birds")

peterz peterz at npgcable.com
Fri Jan 8 19:57:17 CST 2010

John,
Once I had a drum like you want. It was a remnant of one of those
machine shops where all the machines were run by a shaft that ran the
length of the building, and then by huge flat belts to drive each piece.
It was a drum shaped pulley about 12'' long and 8" in diameter if I
remember, solid on the ends but hollow.
Seems like I made a brush shredder out of it at the time.
Who knew? But that's a story for another venue.

PeterZ,
here in LHC,
where the temp outside is now 62F...
Brrrrrrr...