[Homeroast] Espresso advice

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Fri Jan 8 16:29:29 CST 2010

If counter space is an issue, you can do what friends of mine have--remove the bean hopper entirely from a Mazzer Mini; the "throat" holds exactly the amount of beans you'd need to grind for a double, and you can use your tamper to cover them completely (just a tiny bit wider than the "throat") so they feed into the burrs instead of flying around your kitchen.  Or you can buy a low-profile hopper.
On Jan 8, 2010, at 10:02 AM, John Borella wrote:

> I'd definitely have to agree with Jim. Get the best grinder you can with the $$ you have to spend. New Rockys are $359; for that much or less you can find a nice Super Jolly or Major on Ebay, Craig's List or CoffeeGeek. If these are too big for your counter space then scrap up $30 more & buy a new Baratza Vario.

Peace & song,
Sandy
www.sandyandina.com