[Homeroast] Rancilio setting for french press coffee?

decrisce.md at gmail.com decrisce.md at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:09:56 CST 2010

Out of lurk mode for this important question.

This is a question I have frequently asked myself. I have fluctuated from 25 (using an additional nylon screen) for 2.5 min to 45 using 4 minutes.

I guess it is personal taste. I would say my average is 30 for 3 min.

I would love to hear why you use 40, and the steep time. Do you also use a nylon screen-which allows a somewhat finer grind.

Thanks. Dean.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile