[Homeroast] espresso roast profiles

Tom Ulmer tom at transtate.us
Sat Jan 2 14:00:25 CST 2010

I will sometimes roast lighter for espresso with thoughts of cutting the
shot with steamed cream or as a component in a blend. Even after two weeks
of rest most single origin coffees I've tried do not work as espresso for my
tastes. mcKoffee mentioned having some success with lighter roasts but I do
not recall the particulars.

In my opinion being able to minimize the amount of crema production during
the pull is a great advantage of a manual lever.