[Homeroast] espresso roast profiles

Mike Koenig koenig.mike at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 08:23:29 CST 2010

Depends heavily on the bean,  most of my roasts for espresso lately are in
the FC / FC+ range, often stopping just before 2nd crack, but I usually rely
on Tom's roast notes.  I typically try for about 4-5 mintues between 1st
crack and end of roast (regardless of how dark) if I'm roasting something
specifically for espresso (usuallly it's Tom's blends).   This was some
advice from miKe, and my shots have improved considerably since I've started
doing that.

Dont worry about crema - it's overrated and tastes like dreck anyway.

--mike