[Homeroast] Behmor times with new chaff collector vs old

Dave Ehrenkranz daveehr at mac.com
Fri Jan 1 15:59:20 CST 2010

I recently got the new low profile chaff collector and have noticed my roasting times have increased subsstantially. For instance 227 grams of Ethiopia Gr.3 Dry Process Yirga Cheffe roasting times:
With old high profile collector 16min 9 secs beans lost 18.9% of wt and went into 2nd crack (FC+)

With new low profile collector 18min 0 secs beans lost 16.3% of wt and estimate roast was a City+. Definitely lighter in color as well. I also preheated the roaster with chaff collector in roaster for approx 55 seconds.

I also note that the new low profile collector weighs 590 grams vs 424 grams.

Have others been noticing similar results?