[Homeroast] Hot Top to Behmor

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Fri Jan 1 00:20:14 CST 2010

Always 1lb batches.  The original motor gear box dies from lubricant
failure and a ridged drive coupling.  The afterburner is like  a light
bulb, it will fail, sometime.  I run 2X clean cycle every 4 roasts and
vacuum after every roast.  When I had it apart for parts replacement the
interior was chaff free.  I only roast dry process Ethiopian and similar
coffees.  Always use small grid drum.  Roast to FC to FC+ usually.

I figure if it only eats $20.00/yr in maintenance cost then its a bargain.

Rich