[Homeroast] OT: Barry, anyone else in Hawaii

Sandy Andina sandraandina at mac.com
Sat Feb 27 17:56:35 CST 2010

I was such a slug that I slept right through the Chicago quake last month--didn't find out about it until friends in CA called me.  But drove home from Memphis this week all along the New Madrid fault (even stopping between New Madrid and Kewanee, MO for some great BBQ), and did so uneasily. This despite having spun out on ice and crashed through a barbed-wire fence and down an embankment into a cornfield s. of Champaign-Urbana the week before--at least now I know what a spinout feels like but any quake bigger than 4.3 (which I've felt in NYC and Seattle) still scares the, uh, Kopi Luwak out of me.