[Homeroast] City? City +? Full City?

Dhananjaya djgarcia at improbablystructuredlayers.net
Tue Feb 23 19:11:12 CST 2010

Eliza,

When I started roasting 6-7 years ago I was a dark roast kind of guy. I do
all my brewing for espresso, 90% of the time with non-fat milk (about 4 oz
for a triple-shot from 24oz of beans) with a bit of Turbinado sugar / no
sugar if straight. Sometime after being inside this list I decided to try
lighter roasts as an experiment. Since then I've been steering clear of 2nd
crack, basically waiting until 1st is done, which I've been classifying as
City Plus; if I hear a second crack snap I classify it as Full City Minus. I
cannot endure dark roasts anymore, as I've become enamored of the origin
flavors that abound in the lighter roast.

Happy roasting,

DJ