[Homeroast] City? City +? Full City?

Ed Needham beans at homeroaster.com
Sat Feb 20 23:32:19 CST 2010

I call a Full City roast one just before any oil specks show up (usually
caught just as the first few cracks of second start in a drum and before
second in an air roaster).  A few oil specks is Full City Plus, and anything
more is irrelevant in my opinion.

John, I think you are right about 'subjective' dark roasts.  A Full City by
my description above would have been way different than most were used to at
that time in history.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homeroaster.com