[Homeroast] Sheldon does Kopi OT

Phil Palmintere phil.palmintere at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:59:03 CST 2010

As long as we're discussing quotations,  one of my favorites of all time:

"I'm sitting in the smallest room of my house. I have your letter before me.
Soon it will be behind me." -- German composer Max Reeger to a music critic
who wrote a review of Reeger's work.

Followed closely by:

"Bulshytt: Speech (typically but not necessarily commercial or political)
that employs euphemism, convenient vagueness, numbing repetition, and other
such rhetorical subterfuges to create the impression that something has been
said."  -- Neal Stephenson, writing a dictionary definition in his novel
"Anathem."