[Homeroast] Happy President's Day

Doug Hoople doughoople at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:42:17 CST 2010

YES!!! Le Cigare Volant!! The only wine that I know of whose name translates
into the flying saucer!!!

The flying cigar, actually, and I didn't know that's what they called it.

It's pretty funny, too, because a flying saucer in profile probably does
look like a cigar.

It sounds awfully quaint, the French named an alien spaceship after
something familiar and comforting, something you'd find around the house.
How sweet!

Oh, wait... we call it a 'flying saucer,' which must seem as sweet and silly
to the French as 'flying cigar' seems to us! :)

Doug