[Homeroast] Taste not the same

Justin Schwarz houstini at comcast.net
Tue Feb 16 18:20:16 CST 2010

I gave some freshly roasted coffee to my father in law, he complained that no matter how much coffee he put in he was getting a weak pot.  I went over there and cleaned his machine and tried to brew a pot, the outlet for hot water did not have adequate dispersion and the amount of CO2 outgassing was enough to create a bubble around the grounds.  I would reccomend a stir, freshly roasted coffee can bloom quite a bit and when brewing a full pot you may get some coffee on your hot water outlet thing leaving old coffee oils to contaminate future pots.

-Justin