[Homeroast] Taste not the same

John A C Despres johndespres at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:42:39 CST 2010

Hi, Dennis.

Hmmm. Are you able to control your steep time with the Krups as you are with
the CCD? I steep in my CCD for 5 minutes as described by Tom in a video he
posted. My auto dripper is a Technivorm and while steeping for five minutes
doesn't work, I also follow Tom's recommendations here
http://www.sweetmarias.com/Tip-Sheets_PDF_files/Tips_Technivorm_SM.pdf

Your brewer has the 'Brew Pause" feature - Maybe you can leave the pot out
at the beginning of your brew to et the grounds steep a bit longer. Or try
brewing a full pot with the 'Aroma Function" for smaller pots turnd on even
for a full pot.

Can you lift the lid a couple minutes into the brew to give the grounds a
stir? That might help, to.

I hope this is helpful.

John