[Homeroast] Taste not the same

Ryan M. Ward silvercro_magnon at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:30:00 CST 2010

I have to admit first and foremost that I do not own an Aeropress, but I imagine that you have run into a similar predicament as a french press user might.

Two things pop into my head right off the bat
1) Are you using a metal(gold) filter. Paper, I have noticed, can affect the flavor quite a bit (paper can filter out some of the oils which contribute to the coffee flavor).
2) Have you tried tweeking the grind- this will affect the flow rate of the water?

--
Ryan M. Ward

http://www.ubuntu.com