[Homeroast] Taste not the same

Dennis Guyer adg22 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 15 13:25:00 CST 2010

I have been lurking on the board for about a year now.  I have been home roasting for about that same time.  I use an IRoast2, and have been very happy with the results.  It's now time to ask a question as I have run into a situation that I have not been able to solve.  I use the Aeropress, and CCD for my coffee during the day.  The question comes up when I have people over, and want to make a larger amount of coffee.  I then use a new coffee maker called the Krups "Power Brew" drip coffee maker.  It is suppose to reach the 200° target temperature.  I do know it is brewing at a higher temperature than any pot I have owned.  The issue is I have not been able to brew a pot of my homeroast that is acceptable.  In the AP or CCD I enjoy them, but the taste in the coffee maker is just not the same.  Has anyone had this experience and how did you solve it?  Is there a coffee Sweet Maria's carries that is better for this type of brewer?  I have learned so much lurking I thought I would jump in and see if someone can help me.

Thanks,

Dennis