[Homeroast] Happy President's Day

Yakster yakster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 09:40:36 CST 2010

Happy President's Day, everyone.

Valentines Day was a success, but now I'm out of coffee... well maybe 3
grams of a Brazil.  I really liked the red grapes Sautéed in wine (12 year
old bottle of Bonny Doon wine) and espresso and it went well with the leg of
lamb, couscous, and asparagus.

Since I pulled my last shot of my roasted Espresso Workshop #8 that morning,
I pulled shots of the Brazil roast and followed up after dinner with two
cappuccinos from the same.  Nice.  Hope everyone had a great weekend, or
even long weekend like I get for a change.  I'm roasting up a Kenya now and
will have to decide what I'll be roasting for espresso next.  I loosened up
the grind on my espresso and the shots are flowing more easily now and
tasting great.  I actually prefer the singles now to the doubles, but
they're more like clean singles then thick, syrupy ristrettos that can be so
addictive.  I think I'll roast up some Moka Kadir since I've never pulled
this one as espresso (that I remember).

-Chris