[Homeroast] Mountain Regional Barista Competition

David T mrfunnybones at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 17:05:02 CST 2010

Looks like Sweetmarias (coffeeshrub) had a good showing of their coffee offerings at the MRBC this weekend.  I heard a couple using Brazil Sweet Yellow and El Salvador.  I roasted for two of the competitors, one didn't make the finals because he used a extract in his sig. drink, but his was the Brazilian sweet yellow with the Ethiopian dp s.h.  For the other competitor, Ian, was 100% of the ethiopian S.H. I roasted and blended together at two different roast levels.  He went over the time allowed but still placed 3rd!  Good results start with Great coffee.  It's a long process of trying not to ruin the efforts of growers etc.  Thanks for carrying killer coffee guys!
-Gary