[Homeroast] Hearing cracks, aka. I did it.

Jim Gundlach pecanjim at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 13 11:46:02 CST 2010

In addition to the sound of the roaster hiding the cracking sound, my
ears have suffered from the noises from loud rock and roll, dragsters
without mufflers, rifles and shotguns, as well the sounds enjoyed by
kids and grand kids.  As a result I simply cannot hear the roasting
sounds I need to hear.  I got an application for my iPhone called
Spectoghram which visually displays sounds.  First and second crack
sounds are distinct and easily detected on the screen.  The last time
I over roasted, I simply forgot to put Spectogram running on the
iPhone by the roaster.
      pecan jim