[Homeroast] Coffee Lovers keep on drinking...

Mike Chester mchet at charter.net
Wed Feb 10 11:20:44 CST 2010

They found a correlation, not a cause and effect relationship.  A true
scientific study would be immoral to do because it would require feeding a
group of people large amounts of alcohol and watching their health decline.
A few years ago, they found that many schizophrenia patients had above
average levels of caffeine  in their blood.  They came up with a theory that
caffeine may cause schizophrenia but upon further examination it was found
that these patients drank above average amounts of coffee and that explained
their higher levels.  There was no cause and effect relationship.

Mike Chester