[Homeroast] Roast not done?

Rich rich-mail at octoxol.com
Tue Feb 9 22:15:08 CST 2010

Behmor is not recommended or rated for back to back roasting.  So, hot
roaster for subsequent roast should not be an issue if following the
directions.  Recommendation is a 30 minute cool down period with door
open.  All roasts initiate from basically ambient conditions.  An
initial1 minute preheat will not bring the roaster anywhere close to the
roaster's end of roast cool cycle temperature.  The new chaff tray comes
out of the roaster at the end of the cool cycle with a temperature of
about 140F on the handle and the body section closest to the handle.
the rest of the interior is cool but the outer shell of the roaster is a
bit warm.