[Homeroast] Roast not done?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Tue Feb 9 17:48:24 CST 2010

At 03:07 PM 2/9/2010, you wrote:
>I agree with Rich. I just checked on the Behmor website and it does say that
>a one minute pre-heat can be done. It says, "Prehheat for 1 minute only, any
>longer could activate a safety feature, which prevents a restart!" I have
>read where people have preheated up to close to 2 minutes before the safety
>feature kicks in and it will not start.

I've gone to 2:30 on a P1 preheat with the beans in the chamber
without problem and over 3 minutes on a P3 preheat.  it is machine,
coffee and environment sensitive so your mileage may vary.

When I've accidently gone past, a pair of thin gloves, an ice cube
and about 15 seconds gets it back running. But you're not supposed to
know that.

Ira